The following is our tentative program, subject to change.
Complete proceedings are in ScholarWorks.
Each paper session will follow a similar format, with some differences in timing:
- Each paper will present, followed by brief clarifying questions about it while the next presenter sets up.
- The session moderator will introduce and moderate a panel discussion among the presenters to probe the concepts and interplay of the presented work and positions.
Session 1 (9–10:30 AM)
Setting the Stage
- Towards Minimal Necessary Data: The Case for Analyzing Training Data Requirements of Recommender Algorithms. Martha Larson, Alessandro Zito, Babak Loni, and Paolo Cremonesi.
- Quantifying Knowledge Segregation in Society. Abhijnan Chakraborty, Muhammad Ali, Saptarshi Ghosh, Niloy Ganguly, and Krishna P. Gummadi.
- Balanced Neighborhoods for Fairness-Aware Collaborative Recommendation. Robin Burke, Nasim Sonboli, Masoud Mansoury, and Aldo Ordonez-Gauger.
Coffee (10:30–11 AM)
Session 2 (11 AM–12:30 PM)
Lunch (12:30–2 PM)
Session 3 (2–3:30 PM)
Coffee (3:30–4 PM)
Session 4 (4–5:30 PM)
- Structured discussion on open problems and a research agenda.